Established in 1997 by the partners of Far Niente, Nickel & Nickel is devoted exclusively to producing 100 percent varietal, single-vineyard wines that best express the distinctive personality of each vineyard. Based in Oakville, CA, on the 42-acre John C. Sullenger vineyard property, construction of a cutting-edge winery facility housed within a vintage 1880s farmstead was completed in the summer of 2003, when the winery officially opened to the public. Guests are welcomed at the Sullenger House, a beautifully restored, late 19th century farmhouse with Queen Anne detail that was built on the site in the 1880s. Guided tours and tastings are offered several times each day, by appointment. Tours begin at the Sullenger House and include a walk through the historic Nickel & Nickel farmstead, restored 18th century Gleason Barn, authentic post-and-beam fermentation barn and underground barrel aging cellar. The tour ends with a seated, guided tasting of a selection of four single-vineyard wines.
Plan a trip to Nickel & Nickel on our interactive winery map:
Guided tours and tastings are offered several times each day, by appointment. Tours begin at the Sullenger House, a restored, 1884 Queen Anne-style home, and include a walk through the historic Nickel & Nickel farmstead, restored 18th century Gleason Barn, authentic post-and-beam fermentation barn and underground barrel aging cellar. The tour ends in the dining salon of the Sullenger House with a seated, guided tasting of a selection of four single-vineyard wines.
Featured Tasting: Terroir Tour
Four wines, focused on single-vineyard Napa Valley Cabernets, from the same vintage but from a collection of sub-appellations.
Wine clubs are a great way to stay connected to your favorite wineries.
To join the wine club, visit www.nickelandnickel.com or call 707-967-9600.
The Nickel & Nickel Single-Vineyard Club was created especially for devotees of vineyard-designated wines from Napa Valley and Sonoma, who enjoy tasting and comparing the exciting and distinctive flavors that an exceptional vineyard imparts to a wine.
The benefits of membership include:
- Four quarterly shipments each year, consisting of two or three bottles from the Nickel & Nickel portfolio. Prices range from $210 - $230, plus shipping.
- Shipments may include advance and current release vintages, as well as wines made available exclusively to wine club members.
- A 20 percent discount on the additional purchase of the featured wines for 30 days after each shipment.
- A 15 percent discount on additional purchases of wine made anytime at the winery, or by phone.
- Complimentary tours and tastings by appointment at Nickel & Nickel, for wine club members, plus two guests per member.
- Invitations to exclusive, members-only winery events and programs.
- A subscription to the bimonthly Far Niente Family eNewsletter, which will keep you up-to-date on the latest news and events at the Far Niente, Nickel & Nickel and Dolce wineries.
Ask a winery associate to begin your membership either in person at the winery, by calling Nickel & Nickel at (707) 967-9600.
Once a year the rarest new Napa Valley wines become available under one roof at Premiere Napa Valley. Wineries throughout the Napa Valley are given one task to participate: create a one-of-a-kind wine for this event to be purchased by one lucky bidder. This event is only open to select members of the wine trade and the successful bidder is the sole owner of this unique wine.
Nickel & Nickel
Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Release Date: October - 2015
To purchase this wine or check on availability contact:
Total Wine & More