American Cut's In-House Burger
American Cut Steakhouse, New York City
"Our burger at American Cut is a rich and decadent blend of brisket, short rib and dry-aged rib-eye, which is then topped with beer cheese and bourbon onions. The toasted vanilla notes of a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon play along nicely with the onions, while the opulent berry and plum flavors balance out the earthiness and dry-aged funk of the burger."
Mariette Bolitski, Wine Director at American Cut
Makes 1 burger
- 2 oz end cuts of brisket
- 2 oz end cuts of short rib
- 2 oz end cuts of dry-aged rib-eye
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun, split and toasted
- Beer Cheese (see recipe below)
- ¼ cup caramelized onions, cooked with 1 cup bourbon
- Combine the brisket, short rib and rib-eye into a 6-oz patty (1-inch thick).
- Season patty with salt and pepper and grill until your desired temperature, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Place burger on bottom of bun and top patty with Beer Cheese and caramelized onion. Serve with top of bun on the side.
Tip: Make the cheese ahead of time and store it in the fridge. When ready to serve, place a flat disk of cheese on top of the burger to melt while cooking.
- ½ tsp sodium citrate
- 1 beer of your choice (American Cut uses Brooklyn Lager)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fontina cheese
- Bring sodium citrate and beer to a boil together.
- Whisk in the cheddar and fontina cheeses until the mixture is thick like mayonnaise.