Founded in 1983, Charbay Distillery and Winery is owned & operated by the Karakasevic Family. They are known for small, handcrafted releases of Wines, Ports & Brandies created at their distillery/winery on top of Spring Mountain above St. Helena. Miles Karakasevic, a European-trained Winemaker & Master Distiller, and his son Marko (13th generation Master Distiller) carry on the tradition of fermenting & distilling. The entire family is involved with the producing and selling of the Charbay line of wines & spirits including Cabernet Sauvignon, Brandy No.83 (30 year old), Aperitifs, Dessert Wine and ports crafted with the family's own hand distilled brandies.
“…one of the most unique & interesting places to visit in Wine Country.” —Frommer’s
“STILL HOUSE” VISITS
Step into the lively world of artisan winemaking & distilling as you stand beside the family’s classic copper Pot Still on Spring Mountain. This is a family business (or “way of life” as founder, Miles, says)… a tiny winery built by father and son, 12th and 13th generation winemakers and distillers.
You’ll taste our current releases of Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Ready-to-Shake Cocktails, Pomegranate Dessert Wine, and Distillers’ Port made with our own barrel-aged brandies. We’ll discuss* and answer any questions you’d like about Vodka, Whiskey, Tequila, Liqueurs & Rum.
*Unfortunately CA law prohibits tasting our range of distilled spirits
- Visits to the Still on the Hill are Daily 10 - 4
- Appointment Encouraged
- Tasting fee: $20 per person (Applied to purchase)
- Visits are approximately an hour
- We stock fresh cigars for you to enjoy with a glass of Port or Cabernet on the patio
- Picnic area available (with prior arrangement)
- Live distilling available (with prior arrangement) in the winter months
Wine clubs are a great way to stay connected to your favorite wineries.
To join Charbay Distillery & Winery's wine club, visit their website or call them at 707.963.9327.
The Charbay Club has three levels:
- Priority access to our limited selections, library, current and future releases
- Complimentary Tastings in our Tasting Room (for you and 3 guests)
Enjoy your club level preferred pricing on all club shipment bottle additions.
- First offer for tickets to the famous Annual Roast Pig Barbecue
- Specialized access to events, specials and offers throughout the year created just for you
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (707-963-9327) for more information
The offer listed below is valid for all Napa Valley residents age 21 and over.
We offer our Napa Valley neighbors 10% off, as well as special offers from time to time